Just one encounter with poison ivy can make you feel itchy. Luckily, the solution may be right in your kitchen.

Use liquid dishwashing soap to rid the affected area of the plant oil. Be sure to wear gloves while washing, and pat dry with a clean towel once the skin is thoroughly washed.

This method works because liquid dish soap is detergent based, making it an effective option to clean the skin.

The rash caused by poison ivy tends to go away after a few weeks. Be sure to seek medical help if the rash covers a majority of the body, or results in a lot of blisters.

Consult-A-Nurse®
1-866-319-3663
FREE 24/7
Loading locations...
Enjoy what you're reading?
Get hacks delivered right to your inbox!